On Wednesday, the Office of Economic Development and Tourism released its Fiscal Year 2017 Annual Report. Our office takes great pride in driving economic growth for Lynchburg by effectively marketing the City as a preferred visitor destination for conventions, meetings, sporting events, group tours and leisure travelers.
Here is just a few of the things we are proud of from 2017:
- Lodging Revenue for the City of Lynchburg is up 3% from fiscal year 2016 to just shy of $2.2 million in FY 2017
- More than 90 direct leads and sales assists – with strong sales and lodging partnerships – produced events and rooms nights in the City of Lynchburg resulting in an estimated economic impact of more than $5 million
- As a result of the partnership between the City of Lynchburg, Virginia Amateur Sports and Liberty University, the Congress of State Games chose Lynchburg, Virginia for its next State Games of America event that will bring 10,000+ out of state visitors to Lynchburg and the region in August of 2019
- The launch of our new website, LynchburgVirginia.org, in August of 2016 saw a 15% increase in visitation with 131,520 users. Top pages being include the Events Calendar, Attractions listings, Historic Downtown and Restaurant listings
- The Lynchburg Visitors Center welcomed more than 9,000 visitors from all over the world
The Office of Economic Development and Tourism team looks forward to another banner year working with stakeholders and partners to showcase Lynchburg to new and returning travelers.