Lynchburg, Virginia – Welcome Home. Lynchburg is a place where people and businesses thrive and continuously grow. Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains – just miles from the famous Appalachian Trail – Lynchburg is surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty. There are many reasons to love living in Lynchburg.
But, what else makes Lynchburg, Virginia so great?
The perfect place for our professionals and families:
- Low cost of living compared to Virginia and the nation
- Award-winning healthcare system
- Six universities and colleges
- Critically-acclaimed school system with a low student-to-teacher ratio
- A vibrant, welcoming community
- A quaint, yet creative downtown core with cobblestone streets, outstanding restaurants
- Plenty of breweries, wineries, golf courses, hiking trailheads, running and biking trails and places to explore
The perfect place for our businesses:
- Talented, well-educated workforce
- Rapidly-growing population
- A healthy business ecosystem, with well-developed industrial clusters of potential customers, partners and suppliers in: Advanced Manufacturing, Professional and Technical Services, Healthcare, Education and Entrepreneurship.
The perfect place for opportunity:
- Lynchburg was among the first cities in the nation to be designated a TechHire Community in July 2015, and is the first community in Virginia to receive this status
- We have Enterprise Zone locations available, which allow businesses to access grants
- Plenty of local and state-wide incentives for small, medium and large businesses
*Video created by the Young Professionals of Central Virginia and the Lynchburg Economic Development Authority